What?!? It's the middle of October?!?
Tis the eve of School Experience and it seems like all of my ducks are in a row....except for the mountain of assignments I have yet to finish. But for the most part, I am basically on track.
Looking back a year ago, I would have never guessed I would have accomplished so much thus far in the Teacher Education Program. I am both overwhelmed and exhilarated with the work I am doing and I'm all set up for my first week in my school. It took a while to realize that I am not going to get an elementary school experience in middle school. The rotation of classes and multiple teachers is going to make it tricky for observations and lesson plans, but so far it looks like it will work itself out.
For the first observation, we were supposed to be working with one or two students on a short task, but instead I am going to lead a more informal lesson to the whole group of students- Chuck the Chicken. I feel that this will allow me to be easily accepted by the students as it is a light, fun game as well as it will be fairly easy for my teacher mentors to observe, letting them get used to the system as well. Then my wonderful Faculty mentor plans on stopping by on Friday to check in on us. This wasn't a required meeting but she insisted because she is awesome.
Overall, although I have a ton to do still for my classes, between my placement buddy and my wonderful mentors and faculty, I am confident that this first week will be a fantastic start to my School Experience.
10/15/13
No comments:
Post a Comment